Welcome to the NZEUR
Forgot your password?
To reset your own password click the Logon to the NZEUR button, then click the Forgot your password? link. You will then need to enter your username and your email address, your temporary password will be automatically emailed to you. If you can’t remember your username or need to update your email address, please contact our call centre. You will be asked for a copy of your ID if we do not already hold a copy in our system.
- Email: email@example.com
- Within NZ: 0800 CLIMATE (0800 254 628) – Option 2
- Overseas callers:+64 3 962 2708
Guide to surrendering units
For information on how to surrender units, please see our Surrender Guide, or contact our Call Centre using the details above.
NOTE: non-forestry surrenders must be completed by the 31 May unless you have been given an alternate date by the EPA.
Kyoto Protocol units in the NZEUR
• As communicated previously, since 1 June 2015 the only units eligible for surrender to meet NZETS obligations are NZUs and NZ AAUs.
• Since 18 November 2015, international transfers of units to or from the NZEUR have no longer been available.
• New Zealand will be required to cancel all first commitment period Kyoto units (AAUs, ERUs, CERs, and RMUs) at some point after our True-up report has been accepted and finalised. The exact timing of cancellation is not yet set.
• NZUs will not be affected by this cancellation process
• NZ AAU holders will receive replacement NZUs at a rate of one NZU for every one NZ AAU after the NZ AAUs have been cancelled.
Changes to browser that can access the NZEUR
Advice on upgrading your internet browser
As from Thursday, 25 February 2016, if you use Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) you will not be able to access the New Zealand Emissions Unit Register (NZEUR). This browser will no longer be supported.
Link to download the latest version of Internet Explorer. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-NZ/internet-explorer/products/ie/home
The register will work best with the latest version of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 11 Link to download: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-NZ/internet-explorer/products/ie/home
- Mozilla Firefox Link to download: http://www.mozilla.org/
If you are not using the latest version of these browsers currently we advise that you upgrade your browser before the launch of the new register.
If you use an older browser, or a browser that isn’t on our supported list, you may notice that some functions and features may not work or display perfectly.
Updated terms and conditions
We have updated our terms and conditions of use for the New Zealand Emission Unit Register and this site.
All registered users of the New Zealand Emission Unit Register will receive an announcement the next time you logon.
You will be prompted to confirm that you have been advised of and accept the new terms and conditions.
A copy of the terms and conditions will be presented in a separate window for you to read.
You will asked to enter your password and then “click on I acknowledge this announcement” to confirm that you have been advised of and accept the new terms and conditions.
Your logon process will continue once you have accepted. If you do not accept, your logon process will not continue.
Other changes to this site
The content in our security page has been updated.
We have also added a new Privacy page which contains our Privacy statement and a new Copyright page.
Links to these new pages are available for anyone to view from grey footer located at the bottom of our site pages.
Annual ETS data available
The Environmental Protection Authority publishes the latest annual data reports on the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme on its website (www.epa.govt.nz).
The reports are:
• 2014 ETS Report (also known as the Section 89 report)
• ETS 2014 - Facts & Figures (informal factsheet)
• 2014 Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Levy Report (new)
The reports provide information on how many businesses were in the ETS, how much greenhouse gas they emitted or removed, and give year-on-year comparisons. The new Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Levy Report provides details of how the levy was applied from 1 July 2014.
The EPA has responsibilities under the Climate Change Response Act – for administration of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme and the New Zealand Emission Unit Register (NZEUR).
In doing this, we work with the other administrative partners (Ministry for the Environment, Ministry for Primary Industries, New Zealand Transport Agency and the New Zealand Customs Service).
Publication of annual operational data maintains the transparency of the Scheme for participants, allocation recipients and interested parties.
These reports, as well as reports for the previous years of the operation of the ETS are available here.
New Zealand Emission Unit Register (NZEUR)
The NZEUR has been implemented in order to meet New Zealand's commitment and obligations under the Kyoto Protocol and to support the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme (NZ ETS), established by the Climate Change Response Act 2002 (CCRA).
Both the Kyoto Protocol and the CCRA require New Zealand to operate an electronic, internet-based national registry system. The NZEUR website provides access to this online registry, where people can join the NZEUR and then open accounts to either participate in the NZ ETS or to trade units.
Find out more about the Emissions Trading Scheme >>
(at the Ministry for the Environment's Climate Change website)
We ask our registered users to:
- keep your user name and password secure; and
- keep your antivirus software and definitions up-to-date and to run regular checks (scans) of your computer; and
- be vigilant around phishing attacks and email hoaxes which are aimed at extracting user names and passwords.
Any user of the NZEUR who receives a suspicious email or is concerned about any suspicious activity regarding their account(s) should phone 0800 387 4688 or for international callers +64 4 918 3502.